RULESHOME ▶ International House ▶ RULES
Housing Information for International Students
Sookmyung provides seven types of dormitories for International Students
(exchange and degree-seeking students only).
All International House are located inside Sookmyung Women’s University campus. During the application period, there will be a URL for the sign-up.
1. Students can only apply for the application period above. (Via ‘apply URL’ in person)
2. A preferred room (Examples: Single, Twin, Triple, Quad room) might not have been assigned to students.
3. Students will assign the room randomly and students cannot choose and change the building and room number.
4. 4 months of the dormitory fee should be paid at once within one week after check-in.
If students are not paid during the application period, the room assignment should be cancelled.
5. Exchange students should leave the dormitory by the period of the check out (the last month of semester) and could not stay during the vacation.
(Examples- Spring semester: around June, 25th / Fall semester: around December 26th)
6. There will be a cleaning inspection for each room and public area by RA twice in every week.
7. Wearing shoes or slippers inside the room is forbidden.
8. Only furniture is placed in the room so students should prepare for own supplies. (Examples: Beddings, cleaning tools, toiletries.)
9. Do not violate the International House Rules. If not, student should leave.
(Regulations will be provided once when students check in.)
10. Check-in could be allowed only on the fixed date and students could know the room number then.
Regulations must been Followed
Student may not be assigned to the type of room you applied.
Students could not choose the building and room. International House Office is trying the best to assign the room as the students willing to. Student will get to know the room number when you check-in.
- Curfew: 1 A.M. ~ 5 A.M. * For safety reason
- Cleaning Inspection: RA will check your room twice a week
Rules of International House (IH): IH runs penalty system.
If you get 3 points in same reason or get more than 5 points, you should be required to leave your room right after IH staff informs you.
Removal from Dormitory Accommodations Behaviors
|1||Let non-resident people stay in dormitory|
When you let outsider in the dormitory after 10 P.M and stay over in the dormitory.
(Outsider means a person not living in the dormitory where you are living.)
When you let male in the women’s
dormitory or women in the male’s
dormitory(International House 2)
|4||Changing room with other student without IH permission|
|5||Give your room key to someone|
|6||Let outsider know the entrance door’s password|
Smoking and consumption of alcohol or Smoking:
any drunken activities inside the dormitories or within its premises
|8||Didn't pay your dormitory fee during payment period|
|9||Don't maintain dormitory noise levels, damage/alter any dormitory rooms, common areas, or public facilities|
|10||Those who are IH staff member considers who have difficulties in following these rules|
|1||When you didn't pay your dormitory fee during our payment period||1 point|
|2||When you didn't maintain cleanness and tidiness inside the dormitory rooms and common areas||1 point|
|3||When you violate the regulations and rules of dormitory||1 point|
|4||When you didn't throw away your garbage in designated area and time||1 point|
|5||When you don't submit any documents that IH staff requests you||1 point|